For too long, the scale has been one of the primary markers of health and nutrition. Evaluating a new nutrition plan is daunting if you only look at the scale. Whether you are hoping to gain muscle weight and/or lose weight, other and better ways to know if your nutrition plan is working include:
- Having more energy during the day and during workouts.
- Sleeping better.
- Knowing options for eating that help you feel more satisfied and fuller.
- Feeling stronger.
- Recognizing when you are hungry and when you have had enough to eat.
- Feeling better in your clothes.
- Having fewer GI issues.
- Seeing clearer skin.
- Experiencing less heart burn.
- Feeling less deprived.
So, why rely on your scale when you have better options that reveal much more about your health and the impact of your nutrition plan!
Happy and healthful eating,
Donna G. Pertel, MEd, RD, LDN
We have a new nutrition challenge coming this fall that will focus on getting sufficient protein tailored to your individual needs. Interested? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.