Previous weeks’ topics were:
- Drink at least ¾ of your beverages as plain water each day.
- Eat ½ the amount of sweets per week that you typically eat now.
- Taking sides.
This week the idea is to mostly (90%) nourish your body well. Rough days happen. Obstacles occur. But that is not reason to stop fueling your body. Your body has earned and deserves delicious and healthful food, and I know that you want to do well in upcoming WODs, the running challenge, or that special event coming. So, if your best eating plans go out the window…
- Get back on track right away! The next meal is as good place to start.
- Hold yourself accountable. Track your intake. It might just show you that you are doing better than you think!
- Because stress and lack of sleep can make good food choices difficult, keep a snack available (e.g., banana, apple, nuts) so if a meal is delayed, you are able to bridge the time until a meal is available.
- Visualize what you want to achieve AND the process of how you will get there.
Never giving up is a central theme of CrossFit, and your daily eating is included too!
Happy and healthful eating,
Donna G. Pertel, MEd, RD, LDN
If you have an idea for a nutrition habit that you recommend building, email me, at